EKC's Personal Access List Facility
E-PAL provides fast and easy assignment of dataset or resource access
without impacting current user access, security implementation, or established security policy.
- Reduces potential exposures and outages caused by improper access privilege modifications
to IBM-RACF or CA-ACF2 resident security systems ("RSS") for special or temporary access.
- RESUME/SUSPEND for each access list entry allows access to start and stop automatically.
- E-PAL access list changes are automatically retained for an installation specified period of time before being deleted.
This permits instant online recovery to a previous access level.
- Journals to SMF, and writes to the system log all access denials, and accesses requested to be journaled.
- Provides programs to report on E-PAL accesses, and access lists.
- Uses a set of VSAM databases compatible across systems. Updates are automatically backed up in a backup file,
and online recovery using E-PAL ISPF screens is standard.
- The E-PAL VSAM database may be used to house disaster recovery special access permissions.
- Only exceptional access is controlled by E-PAL
All users must have a valid IBM-RACF or CA-ACF2 userid to access systems.
More Information on E-PAL
E-PAL Product Information
E-PAL Version 1.0.0 Product Announcement (PDF)
PTFs, Product Support Status, and Compatibility Information
For more information on E-PAL, e-mail our Sales Department at: